Maintaining a surplus in your business through the virtual platform is easy somehow but if we talk about the WordPress website maintenance and security then it is not that easy to do. There are a number of reasons that males this job or task tougher but the most casual one is WordPress website hacking. Most of the website owners face this trouble once in their month probably after putting every single effort to avoid this mishap. If you are also facing this trouble then don’t get panic or rush around because it’s quite normal and as a website owner you may easily deal with this by yourself.
One of the most unfortunate things that you would notice in this regard is that you may not be able to identify this trouble immediately by yourself on the initial stage that’s why all you can do is to make every possible precaution in order to avoid this mishap in future.
“62% experienced phishing & social engineering attacks. 59% of companies experienced malicious code and botnets and 51% experienced denial of service attacks”
Not only this there some more eye-opening facts for you to get more knowledge likewise:
“Approximately $6 trillion is expected to be spent globally on cybersecurity by 2021”
Afterward from all these facts and figures if you are also willing to save your business in the account of saving your WordPress site then the following are the possible precautions that would help you out from this awkward and annoying situation in the future. All you need to do is to make sure to follow the mentioned guidelines in a proposed and subconscious way to avoid this question my WordPress website hacked?.
- Check your hosting and domain provider first on a daily basis if possible this would help you to analyze your website’s current performance.
- Make sure to protect and secure wp-config.php that is present at your WordPress site at that time.
- Disable the editing option from your WordPress dashboard because they may lead to handover your website open for the other hackers or attackers.
- Always set your directory permission carefully because this technique would surely set your brand standard apparently but perhaps this fact it would also increase the chances of hacking.
- If you are running a website in which the major part is based upon images then first of all pay for that images by yourself in the account of your website otherwise block all the hotlinking.
- Don’t get confused for your server programming it will allow the attackers to load your server more rapidly that provides a helping hand to hack your WordPress site.
- Set a smart lockdown update on your website that would help you to restrict the end-users if they ever try to hack your WordPress site.
- Utilize the two-factor authentication in order to secure your WordPress website in all aspects for a long period of time.
- Rename your login URL from time to time to make sure of the privacy and security of your WordPress site.
- Make a habit to change your WordPress password right after four or three months this would help you to maintain a security standard in it.
- In order to encrypt your personal or professional database utilize SSL (Secure Socket Layer) while transferring the data from the server to your website.
- Add another account with care because after allowing this option you are providing access to your admin panel that is actually an alarming thing if the concerned person is new for you.
- Monitor all of your current files and make backups regularly to secure your WordPress website
After following the above guidelines we are pretty sure to confirm that you would maintain a surplus in your WordPress privacy and security. If in case of unable to find any way in this regard then feel free to contact the professional help around you or ask from us.
Till then stay tuned with us to get more relevant updates in the future as we are here to provide the most significant information to you. Keep comment below to share your reviews on the above context and don’t forget to bookmark us.